Specialties and Expertise.
I specialize in working with people with a variety of issues and mental illnesses.
In my many years of experience, there are very few issues that I have not encountered.
I can help you regardless of age or background.
I am a Children’s Mental Health Specialist, and I can provide individual
and family therapy to children and adolescents of all ages. I also work with
adults. My experience and specialties include:
- Fully trained EMDR therapist.
- Trauma work, particularly related to issues that may have occurred in childhood
or adolescence, regardless of your current age.
- Children's Mental Health Specialist.
- Victims of domestic violence. I can help you and your children whether you
are still with the perpetrator or whether you have already left. I do not
provide couples counseling when there is severe domestic violence, nor do
I provide perpetrator treatment.
- Grief and loss issues: I am skilled at helping people work through the grief
- Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Major
Depression and a variety of personality disorders.
- Autism and Asperger's, helping children build and develop social skills.
- Children going through divorce and custody disputes. Please note: I strongly
encourage you not to use your child's psychotherapy experience as part of
your custody dispute, as this can be extremely destructive and harmful to
- Sexual abuse. I help children, youth and adults with a history of sexual
abuse find healing.
- Special needs children. I can help you as a parent understand your child’s
disorder and advocate for your child. I can also help you parent your child
in a manner that will maximize your child’s success.
- Psychotherapy and counseling for children, adolescents and adults with ADHD,
Prader-Willy, Brain injury, Autism, Asperger's, Non-Verbal Learning Disorder,
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome/Fetal Alcohol Effect, Cleft Palate/Lip, speech disorders
including Apraxia and Dispraxia; learning disabilities and developmental disabilities
in children, adolescents and adults.